Friday, July 23, 2010

Alternate Energy Project

Using my course's wiki on blackboard my students will work in interdisciplinary groups of 4 to first find online data related to an alternate energy source for a foreign country of their choice. They will then create a presentation that includes some audio feed. These presentations will be loaded onto the wiki and students will be required to post comments on at least three of their classmates' presentations.

Below is a sample of a presentation. I used Jing to go through the presentation and capture my own audio commentary.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent explanation of the project using Jing and voice recording. My school is an IB school and I am aware of the Group 4 project. Would this be a group 4 project, since you are having the different sciences working together?

    I think the project topic will produce many different ideas and there should be many data sources available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! As a teacher of environmental science, I am always looking for good energy project ideas. I like the use of online data and the online collaboration. Definitely will encourage the students to think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete